Prep 1 hr
Cook 14 mins
For those of us who love pineapple on our pizza.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 slices prosciutto di Parma (thin slices)
- 1⁄4 cup angel flake coconut
- 22 ounces prepared pizza dough, at room temperature (Tony’s Pizza Dough)
- unbleached bread flour, for dusting
- 3⁄4 cup pizza sauce (Tony's Pizza Sauce)
- 2 cups coarsely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 7 slices canned unsweetened pineapple, well drained
- 7 maraschino cherries, well drained and stems removed
- Position an oven rack on the second-lowest level in the oven and place a baking stone on the rack; position another rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat oven to 500°.
- Prepare toppings: in a small nonstick skillet, warm the olive oil over medium heat and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add half of the garlic; stir/saute about 30 seconds, until just beginning to color.
- Add in the shrimp; stir/saute about 3 minutes, just until the shrimp turn pink; set aside to cool.
- Separate the slices of prosciutto and arrange on a work surface; place a cooled shrimp at one end of each slice.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of coconut over each shrimp; tightly roll each slice in a cylinder, with the shrimp in the center; set aside.
- Have all the other ingredients measured, shredded, and ready for assembly.
- Coat a 14-inch pizza screen or perforated pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface; lightly dust the dough with flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 10-inch round without rolling over the edges.
- Lift the dough and check to make sure the dough isn’t sticking to the work surface; shake excess flour from the dough.
- Lay dough on the prepared pan; gently stretch into a 14-inch round.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Sprinkle the remaining garlic over the sauce; scatter the mozzarella evenly over the sauce.
- Place a slice of pineapple in the center of the pizza; alternate slices of pineapple with the shrimp-wrapped prosciutto and place them around the edge of the pizza, retaining the 1-inch border.
- Place a cherry in the center of each pineapple slice.
- Place pizza in the oven on the upper rack; bake 8-10 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Using a pizza peel, lift the pizza off the pan and place crust directly on the baking stone.
- Bake 3-4 minutes, until the bottom of crust is golden brown (remove pizza pan from oven).
- Using the peel, remove the pizza from the oven and transfer to a cutting board; sprinkle the remaining coconut over the pizza.
- Slice into wedges and serve.