Recipe by heartsman
Using orange juice instead of the traditional lemon juice gives this a sweeter taste, this is a party size recipe. Hope you enjoy.
- 10 lbs skirt steaks, sliced thin
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled,sliced in thin rings
- 1 medium purple onion, peeled,sliced in thin rings
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 quart orange juice
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large plastic or other non-reactive bowl, place a layer of meat.
- In a small bowl mix together onions,bell pepper, cilanto and garlic.
- Spread handful of onion mixture over layer of meat, pour enough orange juice to cover, add salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers until finished, pour any remaining orange juice over mixture.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight, halfway through turn meat over.
- Grill over charcoal, time will depend on thickness and heat, usually not more than 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy.