Recipe by Big John
Time consuming, but worth it. NOTE: This is not for the "Tobasco sauce is hot" or "I've eaten whole jalapenos" crowd, It's for the lover of the very hot. Consume at your own risk. Aside from the high Scoville rating of the sauce, the fat and cholesterol content of this tasty treat may well kill you. Update your will prior to eating. Fire Extinguisher (optional)
- 5 lbs chicken wings, separated
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon msg
- 2 teaspoons white pepper, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon habanero pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1⁄4 cups hot sauce, tabasco or other
- 1⁄4 cup habanero chili sauce, blair's sudden death or other
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons habanero peppers, finely ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and separate wings, making sure to remove any stray feathers and exess fat/skin.
- Rinse in cold water.
- Combine marinade ingredients in large bowl and add wings.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
- In a medium sized sauce pan combine hot sauce and chili sauce with butter and heat over medium heat until butter melts.
- Stir in dry ingredients and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cool, cover and place in refrigerator.
- Combine dip ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Remove wings from refrigerator when finished marinating, drain and dry with paper towel.
- Heat deep fryer to 180c.
- Fry wings until skin is golden brown and crisp.
- Remove and drain, allowing to slightly cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Place cooked wings in a large bowl and add sauce.
- Mix until wings are well coated.
- Place wings on a cookie sheet in a single layer and cook in oven for 15 minutes or until wings have dried somewhat.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.