Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I've tried several recipes like this and finally decided to do my own.
- 1 (12 count) package tortillas, quartered
- 4 cups boneless chicken breasts, cubed 1/4-inch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, whole, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of wild mushroom soup, Campbells
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon instant Oxo, Chicken flavor
- 1 garlic clove, minced fine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook chicken cubes in a pan with half of butter over medium heat for 4 minutes.
- Mix grated cheeses together in a bowl.
- Sauté onions, mushrooms and bell peppers with remaining butter in a large skillet until softened.
- Combine soups, broth, garlic, salt, peppers, chili powder and cumin in a bowl and mix well.
- Add tomatoes to mixture and stir.
- Spray a large casserole dish with no-stick spray and layer tortillas, chicken, sauce mix, mixed cheeses and olives.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
This was great!!! What a treat!!! Where do you come up with this stuff????!!!! Thanks John!