"Big John's Steak and Onion" is a favorite local fast food franchise here in Flint, Michigan. They have been in business for as long as I can remember, and they are always very busy. The food is made-to-order on big grills right in front of you, so it wasn't hard to figure out how to duplicate this at home. I just wanted to share this recipe with those who may not otherwise get a chance to enjoy this incredible sandwich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice bun 2/3 through lengthwise and spread open.
- 2Place cheese slices on bun.
- 3Heat skillet or grill to medium to high heat.
- 4Stir fry steak and onions until cooked through.
- 5Salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- 6Place cooked steak and onions immediately onto bun.
- 7Top with the mushrooms and peppers to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big John's Steak and Onion Sub
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 761.7
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 957.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 46.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled banana pepper rings