Recipe by Not-2-Sweet
"Big John's Steak and Onion" is a favorite local fast food franchise here in Flint, Michigan. They have been in business for as long as I can remember, and they are always very busy. The food is made-to-order on big grills right in front of you, so it wasn't hard to figure out how to duplicate this at home. I just wanted to share this recipe with those who may not otherwise get a chance to enjoy this incredible sandwich.
- 1 good quality seeded sub buns or 1 hoagie bun
- 1⁄3 lb shaved rib eye steak
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup canned mushroom, heated
- 2 slices deli provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pickled banana pepper rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice bun 2/3 through lengthwise and spread open.
- Place cheese slices on bun.
- Heat skillet or grill to medium to high heat.
- Stir fry steak and onions until cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste while cooking.
- Place cooked steak and onions immediately onto bun.
- Top with the mushrooms and peppers to taste.