Recipe by Big John
I love soft shell crab and am trying to come up with some recipes for it. This is the first.
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 6 medium soft shelled crabs, cleaned
- 1⁄2 French bread, loaf sliced
- cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup walnuts, shells removed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, chop basil, garlic and walnuts.
- With it running, slowly add olive oil in a steady stream.
- Add cheeses, salt and pepper and pulse the mixer a couple times.
- Set aside.
- Dredge the crabs in butter and place in a hot skillet over medium heat.
- Add about 1/3 of the butter and sauté crabs about 2- 3 minutes per side.
- Season to taste with cajon seasoning while sautéing.
- Remove the crabs and place on warm platter, add all ingredients for Bordelaise together, including remaining butter and with the exception of the parsley, sauté 3-4 minutes, remove from heat and add parsley.
- Lay slices of french bread on the plates, cover with Bordelaise, add crabs, top with pesto and sprinkle with cajon seasoning.