Recipe by Big John
I'm just learning to make North African and Middle Eastern flavors. I won't say these are an authentic recipe, but they are good. Serve in a pita with fresh lettuce, onion, and tomato, or as an appetizer. They're good with tzatziki or donair sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, Room temperature
- 1 egg, Beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill and turn to medium flame.
- Use a paper towel to apply some olive oil to metal skewers(or use pre-soaked wooden/bamboo skewers).
- Combine all ingredients in a large metal bowl and mix very well with your hands until the mixture is almost a "meat paste". A food processor will work well.
- Form mixture into balls of the size you desire and put on the skewers.
- Grill over medium flame turning until crispy on the outside.
- Serve hot in a pita.