This is the result of years of trying to create the best Caesar dressing in the world & I believe this recipe comes very close. (Bold, don't you think?)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Not salad dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute or 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced very fine
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley, freeze-dried and crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk for 1 minute.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours (over night is best).
My above rating should of definetly been a five star (forgot to put star rating). I make this all the time, it's the best!I never add the 2 tbsp of water, as I like it extra thick.
Well I've tried alot of Ceasar Salad recipes, and I have to tell you this has got to be the best and easiest dressing I have ever made. I don't like to try new recipes out without trying them before hand, But I had 12 people over for dinner and I made the dressing (added alittle more garlic and lemon) It was a hit. Since then I have had many request for this recipe. Thank you thank you!
Truly the best Caesar salad dressing I've tasted.