Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
You like Southwestern? You like Japanese? You like NE shellfish? Can you say Fusion?
Make and share this Big John's Jalapeno Ginger Mussels recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned and de-bearded
- 2 tablespoons ginger, finely chopped
- 1 cup scallion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 whole jalapeno peppers, seeds and membrane removed,minced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine (Japanese Saké)
- Combine all ingredients except mussels.
- Mix well and refrigerate 20 minutes.
- Put mussels in a hot sauté pan, add ginger mix, toss and cover.
- Cook until the mussels open (about 3-5 minutes).
- serve immediately.
These are thes best mussels I have ever had!!! I had a mussels party with 4 different kinds of mussels and these were everybody's favorite by far!