Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light fritter that my brother likes cold and sugar coated.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups corn, crushed slightly with a fork
- 1 large egg, beaten slightly
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne and sugar, mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, egg, melted butter, applesauce and milk together.
- Stir the corn into the wet mixture.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until well blended.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil and fry until golden, turning over as required for even cooking.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
I thought the cayenne would be a nice change from a routine corn fritter, but it didn't go over too well. Too many family members like syrup with their fritters. I enjoyed them as something a little different. Thank you
i love this!!!!! this was so easy! I have always loved corn fritters but have never been able to pull them off! thanks Big John!!!!!