Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
It was hard to get this written down as I've never really measured anything in it, but at the urging of many I did the best I could.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup smoked sausage, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, thick-sliced, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can bean medley, with juice
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, with juice
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can baked beans, with juice
- 3 cups stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 beef bouillon cube (or packet)
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon habanero sauce (Sudden Death or other)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- In a large high sided electric skillet (or large stew pot) combine beef and sausage and brown over med-high heat (sausage should be just crispy on the outside and beef should be nicely browned, not grey).
- Add onion when almost finished and cook until onions are tender.
- Combine all dry ingredients and spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add tomatoes and beans to skillet mixing well and bring to a slow boil.
- Add spice mix and stir well, continuing to boil.
- Add bacon, corn, peppers and remaining ingredients to chili and mix well.
- Reduce heat to low simmer and cover.
- Cook for 2 hrs, stirring occasionally.
- Finished chili should be thick.