Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
While not everyone enjoys escargots, I've converted a large number with this recipe.
Make and share this Big John's Baked Escargot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (7 ounce) can escargot, drained (30-40 count)
- 36 whole mushrooms, medium sized
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 loaf French bread, thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Rinse escargot in a colander in order to remove any sand and set aside.
- Grind spices together in a mortar until fine.
- Clean mushrooms and completely remove stems, making sure to create a place for escargot.
- Place in a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of the butter and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and place mushroom caps on escargot dishes stem side up.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop half of the mushroom stems up and place in small sauce pan with remaining butter, garlic and spices, discard the rest.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Place one escargot on each mushroom cap.
- Spoon butter mixture over escargots and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Place escargot dishes onto a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is browned and sauce is bubbling.
- Use bread for cleaning up the sauce.