Recipe by Big John
I was given a "crock-Pot" and decided to use it, so sue me! This recipe can be used for "Beef on a Bun" with the sauce as dip, and if you flake the meat and add the sauce it makes good "Sloppy Joes"
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, finely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all outside fat from beef and brown in skillet, remove and save drippings.
- Saute onion and garlic until caramelized in pan drippings.
- Place roast in a slow cooker and cover with onion and garlic mixture.
- Combine tomato sauce, and all other ingredients in a small bowl and pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 hours or until beef is tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove roast and pour sauce into a blender and blend for 20 seconds.