Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice twist on the "mushrooms with steak" standard.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced fine
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, tamari
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 large portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced fine
- Mix butter, garlic, onion, soy sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Heat for 30 seconds on high in microwave, stir after 15 seconds.
- Chop stems from mushrooms and add to mix.
- Drizzle sauce onto overturned mushrooms.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over mushrooms, and place on top rack in BBQ.
- Check after 15- 20 minute.
- If mushrooms are tender and cheese is melted, remove from heat.
These were excellent. they took about 10 min on the hot barbi. We've never tasted anything like them before; thank you for sharing!
This was very unusual and very good. I think I would replace some of the soy with vinegar or sesame oil or some other flavourful liquid. The soy is a bit too salty for me.
these tasted great and were quick and easy. I used 1/2 the soy sauce called for and replaces it with rasberry balsamic vinagar.