THE BEST to eat when your hangin :) oh and dont forget the Hawaiian Bling (green onions) :)
My Private Note
loco mo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 21. Gently mix the hamburger,onions and salt/pepper. Form either 2 big patties or 4 smaller size patties.
- 32. Heat frying pan until very hot.
- 43. Place hamburger patties on the pan/grill and let sear just until juices start appearing on the top. Flip over and cook for a couple more minutes. You will want the burger slightly charred but still tender on the inside.
- 54. Place burgers on the side.
- 71. Pour a little broth into the same pan and incorporate the yumyums, then pour in the rest of the broth.
- 82. Bring to a boil and let reduce for about 3-5 minutes or so, depending on taste, for a more potent gravy.
- 93. Turn down heat to a simmer.
- 104. Add couple dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- 115. In a seperate bowl, mix flour with some water.
- 126. Using a whisk, slowly whisk in the flour/water mixture until gravy is nicely thick & smooth.
- 137. Turn off heat and mix in the butter until well blended.
- 15Traditionally, the eggs should be sunny-side up. The secret to a good fried egg is to fry the egg slowly on low heat until it’s cooked… just don’t overcook it! It also helps to have the eggs thawed to room temperature before cooking them.
- 17Use regular medium grain white rice… stir fry with other ingredients.
- 18Assembly (bottom -> top):.
- 19Rice -> Burger -> Egg -> Gravy all over.
- 20Optional condiments:.
- 21Shoyu, ketchup, tabasco.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Island Style Loco Moco
Serving Size: 1 (838 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1334.7
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 590.4 mg
- Sodium 840.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 72.9 g