Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from Sam Choy's Polynesian Kitchen. Best if grilled over kiawe or mesquite. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 2 teaspoons rock salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 (6 ounce) tri-tip steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add steak.
- Cover and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Grill steaks to desired degree of doneness, about 4-5 minute per side for medium rare.