Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe a while ago on a forum and have tweaked it many times since then. It's actually a very versatile recipe...you can add different dried fruits or nuts, etc as you please. Also, I add Berry Pomegranate Hemp Protein shake mix from Nutiva...but any other powdered type shake mix could absolutely be substituted. Some other variations I've made of this are: Oatmeal raisin, banana walnut(Instead of applesauce,syrup, and butter spray use a small mashed banana), also if you prefer you could just use 4 tbsp of applesauce instead of the sugar free syrup and butter spray...but this recipe could so easily be played with to suit your tastes...and it's super healthy for you!
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon whole grain wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 4 tablespoons Nutiva berry pomegranate hemp shake mix
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free syrup
- 1 tablespoon I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray (Or any other butter spray)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in one bowl.
- Spoon out mixture onto cookie sheet with cooking spray. Mash the mixture down to the form of a large cookie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on how soft you like cookies).
- Enjoy! :).