Rhubarb/custard pie...tart/sweet...what more signifies summer and the simplicity of mother nature's bounty??? This is really a great pie!!
- Mix the eggs and cream.
- Add sugar, salt and flour.
- Add diced rhubarb in unbaked pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over rhubarb.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking additional 45 minutes.
- Whip egg whites until peaks form.
- Add sugar.
- Add meringue mixture sealing pie and bake additional 5-10 minutes- until lightly browned.
- Cool and enjoy.