Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is my husband's grandmother's recipe that is cherished by the family. They are the best cookie that melts in your mouth. They don't have the normal peanut butter fork crossing...but more of a crackled sugar type cookie... My husband comes from a huge family - and these are one of the cherished recipes!!
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Skippy)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour (1/4 cup more if needed)
- Cream together the sugars, Crisco, peanut butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and add gradually until blended well.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls.
- Roll cookie dough balls into sugar.
- Place on cookie sheets- do not mash with fork in normal "peanut butter cookie" fashion!
- Bake at 350° oven for 11-13 minutes.
Great! I used butter instead of Crisco because I was too lazy to go to the store and they turned out beautifully.
This recipe really doesn't need another 5 star review, but here it is anyway! These are the best, most super-delicious PB cookies ever! I've made them a bunch of times and here's what I do: I use butter instead of Crisco, I add a pkg PB chips to them to punch up the peanut buttery-ness,and I don't sift or pre-mix the dry ingredients. (I have made it both ways and there wasn't a discernible difference).
I also don't roll them in sugar-personal preference-and they turn out so well that when I bring these to events, people always think I got them from some high-end bakery!
I have recipe "adhd" so I never follow anything to the "t" oh and I always run out in the middle of baking and a bake at like 1 or 2 am so not goin out just gonna make it work...........I doubled this recipe added almond extract to it with the vanilla then realized I was an egg short so substitutited a small banana for the egg so I have peanut butter banana cookies that are quite amazing, chewy and crunchy and a really great flavor. I also decided to drizzle with a chocolate ganache and sprinkle with crushed almonds and crushed honey roasted peanuts............I have found the cure for pms!!!!!