Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This fabulous recipe was born of a need for something super delicious for dinner, but it had to be vegan. These lettuce wraps do, indeed, have big, big flavor and are so fun to eat!
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon green onion, sliced
- 4 ounces firm tofu
- 7 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 head lettuce
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup basil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 4 lemon wedges
- Sauce: Combine 1 tablespoon each of seasoned rice vinegar and shoyu soy sauce with 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1/2 teaspoon of sesame seeds, and 1/2 teaspoon of green onion.
- Tofu: Marinate tofu in seasoned 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar and 3 tablespoons of Shoyu Soy Sauce over night. Chop tofu into tiny bits (make it look like ground beef). Heat canola oil in a wok over medium high heat. Cook tofu until browned with crispy edges.
- Salad: Chop English cucumber, red bell pepper and bean sprouts. Combine with 1/2 teaspoon of green onion. Add remaining rice vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seeds. Add crispy tofu and toss together.
- Clean lettuce and separate.
- To assemble lettuce wraps: lettuce, herbs, salad, squeeze of lemon and a dash of sauce.