Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Baked pancake recipe
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup whole milk
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Powdered sugar.
- Serve with.
- Lemon wedges.
- Buttermaple syrup.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- Beat eggs with electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add milk, cream, sugar, salt and vanilla and mix until sugar is dissolved. Add sifted flour and mix until smooth. Let batter rest 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in oven proof skillet, swirl pan to coat bottom evenly with butter. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake in oven for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown with dark brown around the edges.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and rest for about a minute. Loosen pancake from edges of pan with a spatula. Slide pancake onto a plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with lemon wedges, butter and syrup.
- Makes 1 large pancake.
- Note: You can substitute 2/3 cup half and half for the 1/3 cup heavy cream and 1/3 cup whole milk, but I found that using the cream and milk separately makes for a fluffier texture.