Recipe by er3465
This dish is really amazing and super yummy. I did cut back a little on the red pepper flakes because it was pretty spicy, and I did not have the peanuts or cilantro, but its still a great recipe. You could also use spaghetti id you don't have Bucatini. Its from Rachael Ray!
- 1 lb bucatini pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or according to taste)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄3 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional) or flat leaf parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt the water and then cook pasta to al dente.
- Before draining reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid then drain the pasta.
- Place the pot back on the stove and set to medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetable oil, then ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add half a cup of the pasta water, the tamari, and the chicken stock, bring to a bubble and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat add the peanut butter and wisk, add more pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Add the lime juice, wisk, and then add noodles, toss to coat, and serce.
- (Optional) add the peanuts and cilantro, toss and serve.