Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
Whole wheat flour & oat cookies loaded with chocolatey goodness! These delectable big soft 200-calorie vegan cookies have been named 'favorite cookie' by quite a lot of people I've made them for, which makes me proud of this creation. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk, of choice (I`ve used soy and rice)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Move oven rack to slightly above middle and turn oven on to 375°F In one bowl, sift dry ingredients together and set aside. In another bowl, beat margarine with brown sugar, then add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and mix until just combined. Spoon 12 batches on the greased and foil-lined cookie sheet and, with a water-wet spoon, spread out and push down the batter to the height of the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, careful not to overbake - Cookies should be soft and will harden a little bit after being cooked. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack after 1-2 minutes of taking them out of the oven. Best eaten warm.