Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are the pinnacle of perfection! If you want a big, fat, chewy cookie like the kind you see at bakeries and specialty shops, then these are the cookies for you!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
These are truly the BEST chocolate chip cookies EVER!!! They are perfect in every way!!!!!!!!! They bake up beautifully with the perfect amount of chewiness! Love them! I did add more chocolate chips! )
They were very chewy right out of the oven, I let them sit to cool before packing in a container and they are very hard now. I have placed a slice of bread in there to soften them. They were just alright for me, and the taste was kind of "eggy" I followed the recipe exactly, I wonder if the extra egg yolk is needed?
The size is great! I didn't give 5 stars because, I found the center more like a cake consistency-my personal preference is that they're chewier. Tasted great though.