Doing a search for some exciting Cajun soups, I came up with this wonderful recipe on Allrecipes.com. I hope you will enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups tomato cocktail juice
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 3/4 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- hot pepper sauce
- 1Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute green bell pepper, onions, and garlic until tender.
- 2Stir in vegetable juice, clam juice, and water.
- 3Season with thyme, basil, red pepper, bay leaf, and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil, and stir in rice. Reduce heat, and cover.
- 5Simmer 15 minutes, until rice is tender.
- 6Stir in shrimp, and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque.
- 7Remove the bay leaf, and season with hot sauce.
- 8Serves 6.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Ed's Cajun Shrimp Soup
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.3
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 757.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 14.0 g