Recipe by WendyMaq
A quick shrimp creole dish from South Beach diet. Phase 1. Add cooked brown rice for phase 2.
Top Review by Lizabeth2015
This recipe is awesome! I have used this recipe numerous of times when I was a nanny.... Over the yrs I could not find this recipe again to make for my hubby. Finally I found it thank you...
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 slices turkey bacon or 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Place on paper towel to drain.
- Over medium heat, in hot drippings, cook onion, bell pepper, and celery for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Add tomatoes with juice, bay leaf, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and hot-pepper sauce.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp and crumble in the bacon.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.