A quick shrimp creole dish from South Beach diet. Phase 1. Add cooked brown rice for phase 2.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 slices turkey bacon or 2 slices Canadian bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Place on paper towel to drain.
- 2Over medium heat, in hot drippings, cook onion, bell pepper, and celery for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Stir in garlic and cook for one more minute.
- 4Add tomatoes with juice, bay leaf, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and hot-pepper sauce.
- 5Heat to boiling, then reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Add shrimp and crumble in the bacon.
- 7Cook for 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- 8Remove bay leaf before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Easy Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 788.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 18.1 g