1/2 Photos of Big Easy Red Beans N' Rice
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Kana Kahuna's Note:
A solid basic recipe for a "leaner" red beans and rice than the traditional method.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the beans in a large bowl or pot and cover with water by 2 inches. Let soak for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a large pan, render the ham chunks by cooking until the fat becomes liquid, remove ham and place to the side.
- 3In the fat that remains sauté the onion, garlic, celery and parsley.In a large pot, combine the beans, water, meat, bay leaf, salt & pepper.
- 4Bring to slow boil, lower heat to simmer and cook for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally until beans are tender.
- 5Remove bay leaf and serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Easy Red Beans N' Rice
Serving Size: 1 (678 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 990.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 28.5 g