Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From "Death By Chocolate" :P The cooking time is only a guideline...it may be different from recipe to recipe depending on conditions.
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 4 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces chocolate (~4 squares)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix together the gelatin and 1/3 cup water. Let stand a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup boiling water, stirring. Set aside.
- Beat together the egg yolks, sugar and chocolate. While beating, add gelatin to chocolate mixture very, very slowly.
- Whip egg whites til stiff. Fold whites into chocolate mixture. Add 1 t vanilla and salt.
- Wash a mold with egg whites and then pour mixture into mold. Cover. Refrigerate.
- Serve with cream.