Recipe by Mariah
DH is a huge mama's boy when it comes to her cooking. This was one of my first attempts at cooking for him. When he pronounced it "as good as my mama's", I knew I had a winner. I often add bacon to this, making it an 8-layer salad. Cooking time reflects cooling time.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag salad greens
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place greens in large glass bowl. Layer celery, green pepper, onion, and peas over greens.
- Spread mayo over peas, covering to completely and sealing edge to bowl. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 - 12 hours to blend flavors. Toss before serving.