Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Very tasty snack. I got this from a co-worker. Best to get the meat from a butcher telling him its for beef jerky then he will cut it with the grain. This can be cooked inside in the oven or outside on the grill.
- 3 lbs top round steaks (cut with grain of meat into approx 1.5 inch strips) or 3 lbs beef eye round (cut with grain of meat into approx 1.5 inch strips)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon msg, preservative (mono sodium glutamate)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot covered with saran wrap.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Lay out strips on cookie sheet or grill.
- Cook at very low heat 100°-125° for six hours, basting with leftover sauce and turning as you go.
- Store in refrigerator in Ziplock bags.