Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I saw these on a recent episode of Big Daddy's House. They look easy and yummy and I can't wait to try them!
- 24 miniature tart shells
- oil, for pans
- 1 (12 ounce) can yams or 1 (12 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened (reserved from Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caramel sauce
Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (reserve 2 tablespoons for pies)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put the pre-made mini shells inside a greased 24-count mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl add the yams, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, brown sugar and caramel sauce.
- Beat with a hand-held electric mixer until well combined.
- Dollop 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pie mixture into each shell.
- Bake until the custard sets, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the Whipped Cinnamon Cream Cheese:.
- Add the cream cheese, cream, sugar and cinnamon to a large bowl.
- Using a hand-held electric mixer, beat the cream cheese mixture until you reach a frosting consistency.
- Transfer the mixture to a disposable pastry bag with a star tip.
- Pipe a small amount of whipped cream cheese on each mini sweet potato pie.
- Arrange on a serving platter and serve.