Recipe by Sharon123
I got this from the Food Network:Big Daddy's House:Catch of the Day with Aaron McCarty. This gets nice and creamy like risotto! I tweaked it just a little.
Top Review by Cook4_6
Brilliant! This is a wonderful side dish for grilled chicken, fish and would work well with picatta. I used fat free half and half and only 1/2 the lemon and pepper called for. It was delicious!
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (or mascarpone)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest