Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from the Food Network:Big Daddy's House:Catch of the Day with Aaron McCarty. This gets nice and creamy like risotto! I tweaked it just a little.
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese (or mascarpone)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a medium saute pan, bring the stock to a boil.
- Add the orzo and cook for 7 to 8 minutes until liquid is almost absorbed and orzo is tender. Turn off heat.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. Enjoy!
Brilliant! This is a wonderful side dish for grilled chicken, fish and would work well with picatta. I used fat free half and half and only 1/2 the lemon and pepper called for. It was delicious!
This is by far the BEST ever DELICIOUS lemon pepper orzo! Flavorful, creamy , decadent! The only modification - I reduced the pepper to 1 teaspoon. This recipe is a keeper! Way to go Aaron!
WOW - this was so flavorful & creamy! A definite repeat recipe. Thanks!