Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grrrrreat Burgers !
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- 5 hamburger buns
- monterey jack cheese or monterey jack pepper cheese, for cheeseburgers
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, soup mix, pepper, garlic powder, soy sauce and egg.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator for 5 to 10 minutes, then take it out and shape into patties.
- Cook on medium-high heat on the barbecue for 20 to 40 minutes.
- Cook until the inside of the burger is whitish in color.
- Add the"works"; lettuce, tomato, avocado, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup.
Wow, we found these not good at all. I'm not sure what it was, but we'd rather have our turkey burgers plain.
I cannot cook a burger right even if my life depended on it. I had tried a while ago unsuccessfully. I tried this recipe today on the pan, instead of on the grill, because I don't have one. I burned them! Well, let's say I charred them! I was concerned about them reaching the right temperature, so I used a digital thermometer. I think that turkey is so lean that I should have used some oil, which I started using in the middle of the cooking. The temperature should have probably been less than medium too. Well, despite all my efforts at destroying the burgers, after scraping off the burnt parts, my burger still tasted fantastic!!! Just imagine if I had known how to cook them properly! Thanks for a great recipe! Saulo
These are Grrrreat Burgers! I found them just a little too salty, but not so much that I didn't eat two patties! They smelled wonderful while cooking also.