Chef Big Daddy #2's Note:
A wonderful tasting seafood treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 jumbo raw peeled deveined shrimp (16 to 20 count)
- 12 large sea scallops, trimmed and well drained
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 12 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1/2
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Place shrimp and scallops in a shallow dish or bowl.
- 3Dress seafood with lime juice and zest, a generous drizzle of sesame oil, sea salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes.
- 4Wrap each shrimp and scallop with a half slice of bacon. Wrap each shrimp working from head to tail, pulling bacon snuggly around the shrimp. Wrap the bacon around the outside of each scallop. Fasten bacon in place as necessary with picks.
- 5Arrange the shrimp and scallops on a slotted baking pan, such as a broiler pan, to allow draining while bacon crisps.
- 6Bake shrimp and scallops 10 to 14 minutes, until shrimp is pink and curled, scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp. Shrimps may finish before the scallops.
- 7Arrange cooked seafood on platter and sprinkle with chopped scallions.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Daddy’s Applewood Bacon Wrapped Shrimp & Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.5
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 176.4 mg
- Sodium 1937.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 29.5 g