Recipe by Chef Big Daddy #2
A wonderful tasting seafood treat!
Top Review by Cheeky Meeks
This recipe worked out well for me, the toasted sesame oil adds an amazing amount of flavor to the seafood. I only did this for sea scallops and had to substitute lemon for the lime but it was really flavorful and easy to do after work. I baked 1/2 lbs of sea scallops (about 8) in 18 minutes and they were perfectly done. Thanks Big Daddy 2!
- 12 jumbo raw peeled deveined shrimp (16 to 20 count)
- 12 large sea scallops, trimmed and well drained
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 12 slices applewood smoked bacon, cut in 1/2
- 3 scallions, very thinly sliced on an angle (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place shrimp and scallops in a shallow dish or bowl.
- Dress seafood with lime juice and zest, a generous drizzle of sesame oil, sea salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes.
- Wrap each shrimp and scallop with a half slice of bacon. Wrap each shrimp working from head to tail, pulling bacon snuggly around the shrimp. Wrap the bacon around the outside of each scallop. Fasten bacon in place as necessary with picks.
- Arrange the shrimp and scallops on a slotted baking pan, such as a broiler pan, to allow draining while bacon crisps.
- Bake shrimp and scallops 10 to 14 minutes, until shrimp is pink and curled, scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp. Shrimps may finish before the scallops.
- Arrange cooked seafood on platter and sprinkle with chopped scallions.