Recipe by carolinafan
Courtesy of meals.com. Grilling time depends on how well done you like your burgers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 large rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic; saute until brown and thoroughly cooked, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, bacon, egg, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce to the onions and garlic. Mix well.
- Add the beef and combine with your hands or a wooden spoon until evenly distributed.
- Form into 4 large patties.
- Grill 5 minutes; turn over and top each patty with a slice of cheese. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until desired doneness.
- Serve on rolls with your favorite condiments.