Recipe by Pat Grennan
My neighbor Marilyn gave me this recipe several years ago; not sure where she got this...but Marilyn....this recipe has 'served me well' over the years!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, and
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened slightly
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 15 inch flat pizza pan or 10 inch springform pan with pan spray to prevent sticking.
- Mix flour, soda and salt, set aside.
- Beat butter and shortening in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed to just combine.
- mix in sugars; beat with electric mixer until mixture is smooth. Mix in egg and vanilla on low speed until blended thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture, mixing just until incorporated.
- Mix in chocolate chips, stir by hand.
- Using fingers, spread dougn into a 10 inch circle on the pizza or springform pan. Smooth edges.
- If using the pizza pan, bake cookie about 14 minutes, until edges are light brown and center is golden.
- If using the springform pan, bake for about 18 minutes, until evenly light brown. Loosen the edge of the cookie from the pan, cool thoroughly. Remove sides of springform pan.
- Optional: Put spoonfuls of peanut butter on top of the cookie as it's cooling; allow it to 'melt' slightly and then spread around. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, allow those to melt and spread around.