Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Taken from a Facebook group
- 2⁄3 cup hard margarine, softened (or butter)
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Ream margarine, granulated sugar and brown sugar in medium bowl until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Heat chocolate in small heavy saucepan on lowest heat, stirring often, until almost melted.
- Do not overheat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir until smooth.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Add to margarine mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir until just moistened.
- Mix in chocolate chips and almonds.
- Divide dough in half.
- Form each half into log shape, about 3 inches (7.5 cm) in diameter.
- Cover in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Divide each log into 8 portions.
- Place portions 3 inches (7.5 cm) apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven for about 10 minutes until edges are golden.
- Do not overbake or cookies will be hard.
- Let stand on cookie sheets for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- Note: To toast almonds, place in single layer in ungreased shallow pan. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring or shaking often, until desired doneness.
Oh my gosh the kids loved these and I did way to much tasting while making. I made exactly as stated except I left out the almonds (my kids hate nuts). I will be making these again soon.