Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is complements of the Big Chief Sugar Company. A fun cake for newbies to baking. Enjoy!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- shortening, for greasing pan
- canned cake frosting
- Blend sugar, 2 cups of the flour, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, mix peanut butter, water and butter and bring to a rapid boil. Pour this blend into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Mix well and add eggs and buttermilk.
- When ingredients are mixed well (by hand), pour into a greased and floured sheet cake pan.
- In a pre-heated oven, bake at 350-degrees F. for 20-25 minutes.
- Frost cooled caked with your favorite frosting (I used canned frosting).