Big & Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape quarter cupfuls of dough into balls. Place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed or parchment paper; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, place dough balls 3 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb, reshaping sides to smooth any cracks. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool.