Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
These make a big, thick and soft cookie. Recipe adapted from TOH.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape quarter cupfuls of dough into balls. Place in an airtight container, separating layers with waxed or parchment paper; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To bake, place dough balls 3 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb, reshaping sides to smooth any cracks. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks; cool.