Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Why go to one of those fast food places when you can make something like this at home? By the time it takes you to get dressed,start the car,and get back home you could have already eaten this sandwich.And it's anyone's guess of how long their sandwiches have been sitting around.To give the eggs their round shape I just used canning jar rings that were sprayed with a butter flavored cooking spray. The data base won't let me put in one biscuit,but that's what you need for one serving.If you don't have the rings,just scramble egg and place inside biscuit.Submitted to "ZAAR" on April 9th,2008
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Spam or 1 tablespoon any other cooked breakfast meat
- 1 tablespoon shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix together egg,SPAM( or other meat )cheese,and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet melt margarine over medium heat.
- Spray canning ring with cooking spray.
- Place ring in skillet,pour egg/mixture into ring ( there will be a little leakage ).
- Let cook for about 3 minutes,pour water around ring.
- Cover with lid and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn egg and ring over.
- Cover with lid and finish cooking (about 3 minutes).
- Place in biscuit and eat.
This was good. I didn't make it exactly as directed because I don't have any canning jar lids. I just cooked it in a small skillet and put it on biscuits when it was done. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe Shapeweaver. Made for PAC Fall '08.
I made this up for my DH using turkey sausage links for the meat. He loved it! Thanks!