Recipe by Hal Taylor
A quick, easy, tasty breakfast treat. Served with sausage and/or bacon and syrup or jam, it is a simple breakfast.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Easy, quick and nice blend of cinnamon and apples, great for a crowd. Can see using other fruits and berries too. I probably got mine a little to thick, more like a cake but very good with butter and syrup.
- 4 large apples (peeled,cored and sliced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet, add the peeled,cored and sliced apples and saute until tender. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Beat the eggs and gradually add the milk and then the flour and salt.
- Pour this batter over the apples and return to the hot oven.
- Bake until puffed up and golden - maybe 25 minutes.
- Cut a wedge and serve with syrup and bacon and/or sausage.