Recipe by **Kelly**
From Bright Ideas online newsletter. A fabulously cool idea for a back to school treat. Perfect for open house night! Creative piping of the icing on the top of the cupcake is to make the cupcakes look like "brains".
- 1 lb Musketeers miniatures candy bar
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb M&M's semi-sweet chocolate baking bits
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- blue paper baking cup
- 24 wooden toothpicks (optional)
- paper, banners (optional)
- tape (optional) or child safe glue (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make frosting: Combine 2 cups chopped 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand FUN SIZE® Bars with 1 cup heavy cream. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring frequently until smooth. Chill mixture for 1 hour. Beat cream cheese until smooth and blend with chilled 3 MUSKETEERS® Brand FUN SIZE® Bars mixture. Set aside 1 cup of frosting and spoon rest into resealable bag, snip off a 1/3-inch corner, chill until ready to use.
- Make cupcakes: Combine cake mix with eggs, buttermilk and oil. Fold in oats and M&M'S® BAKING MINIS® Chocolate Candies into batter. Divide batter evenly between 24 muffin cups fitted with paper cupcake liners. Bake in preheated 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread cupcakes tops with thin layer of frosting. Pipe brain shapes on top. Add a toothpick banner if desired and sprinkle with M&M'S® BAKING MINIS® Chocolate Candies.