Recipe by lauralie41
This recipe comes from AAARecipe.com and just in time for strawberry season. Azar's restaurant had the greatest tasting pie!
Top Review by CarrolJ
After reading the previous review I decided to take some steps to hopefully insure a better result. After I cooked the sauce I set the pan aside to cool down. Then I started gently slicing my strawberries into a bowl. After they were all sliced I placed them in the pie crust, then poured the sauce over it and refrigerated. After 1 1/2 hours it wasn't jelled enough so I left it overnight. I had a slice for a late breakfast today and it was wonderful. The crust was completely intact, the sauce had jelled to a nice medium jel as it should be, and the sweetness of the sauce nicely sweetened my tart strawberries so that it was neither too sweet or too tart. It was wonderful. I will make this again, and can't wait to go eat another piece.
- 1 pie shell, 9inch, baked
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- In baked pie crust add sliced strawberries.
- In small saucepan, mix water, sugar, and cornstarch and bring to boil. Boil until mixture is clear and thick, approximately 2 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add the strawberry gelatin, stirring until dissolved. Pour this over the strawberries in pie shell. Chill and serve.