Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an old recipe that I used to make for my family when my kids were growing up. They loved it. It was quick, easy, cheap and delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons catsup or 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup cooked tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Ssaute onion in shortening until golden.
- Add meat and brown.
- Drain well.
- Stir in catsup and salt.
- Set aside.
- Stir milk into biscuit mix, stirring until well blended.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board.
- Knead six times.
- Roll into a circular shape and place in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Fill with meat and onion mixture.
- cover with tomatoes and top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a 450*F oven for 30 minutes.