Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe that someone gave me at my wedding shower. It's a really nice, easy comfort food.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons catsup or 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup tomatoes, cooked and drained
- 1 cup cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in shortening until golden.
- Add meat and brown.
- Stir in catsup and milk.
- Set aside.
- Stir milk into the biscuit mix, stirring until well blended.
- Turn onto a lightly floured board.
- Knead 6 times.
- Roll into a circular shape and place in a 9" pie pan.
- Fill with meat and onion.
- Cover with tomatoes and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 450 F for 30 minutes.