Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love Big Bowl restaurant and wanted to share this CopyCat recipe I came across.
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cut into half-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon starch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 6 dried chilies
- 2 tablespoons bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, whites
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- Marinate chicken breast with corn starch and sesame oil, and let sit at least 30 minutes.
- Heat wok or heavy skillet, and add chicken breast.
- Stir until the meat changes color, and remove to drain.
- Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the oil.
- Add the dried chilies, and cook until they begin to blacken and smoke.
- Add the scallion whites and garlic, and stir briefly.
- Add 5 tablespoons of the sauce mixture, and cook until it begins to boil.
- Add the chicken pieces, and toss to coat.
- When piping hot, remove from heat, stir in the peanuts, then the coriander leaves, and serve with rice.
A favorite! Thanks for posting. If it were up to me, I'd eat this every night!!