Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love Big Bowl restaurant and wanted to share a CopyCat recipe I came across.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup bamboo shoot, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, whites sliced
- 1 lb fatty pork, ground once and lightly hand-chopped
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
- 5 tablespoons bean sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 lb fresh shanghai noodles
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion, green
- 3 drops sesame oil
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander
- Bring a large quantity of water to boil. Meanwhile heat a skillet or wok over high heat. When hot, add the peanut oil and add the bamboo shoots and scallion whites and stir briefly to coat. Add the pork and stir, pressing the spatula down and mashing the pork to separate the grains. Do not brown. When the pork has separated and changed color, add the dark soy and stir in briefly.
- Add the chili paste, bean sauce and sugar, and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat (this sauce can be made hours ahead). When water is boiling cook the noodles and drain thoroughly. Transfer to a bowl.
- Re-heat the pork, if necessary, stir in the scallions and spoon pork sauce over the noodles, sprinkle with sesame oil, garnish with the corlander and serve.