1/2 Photos of Big Bowl Cafe Coconut Mango Cheesecake
25 hrs 30 mins
Muffin Goddess's Note:
I haven't gotten around to making this yet, but it sounds so good I thought I'd share it (I love out-of-the-ordinary cheesecakes!). The baking instructions do not mention a waterbath, but I usually bake my cheesecakes with one, so I suppose it can be baked by whatever method the individual chef has best luck with. Not sure where on the web I found this, but I know that it's initially from The Big Bowl Cafe in Chicago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut (the sweet stuff,such as Coco Lopez, NOT coconut milk)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 large mangoes, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- sugar (optional, for mango puree) or other artificial sweetener, to taste (optional, for mango puree)
- 2Wrap the outside of a 9" springform pan (2 3/4" high sides) with foil. If desired, lightly spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, toasted coconut and sugar. Add melted butter and stir until well-blended. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Chill while you make the filling.
- 5Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar with a mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in egg yolk. Add cream of coconut, heavy cream and shredded coconut. Beat just until blended. Pour filling into chilled crust.Bake cheesecake at 325ºF about 1 hour and 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden (Center should still be a tiny bit wiggly).
- 7Transfer baked cheesecake to a wire rack to cool completely. Cover cooled cheesecake and chill overnight.
- 8Before serving, puree 1/4 of the mango slices until smooth. Transfer puree to a small bowl, and sweeten to taste if desired. Loosen edges of cheesecake from springform ring with a small thin knife. Remove pan sides, and arrange mango slices decoratively over the top of the cheesecake. Serve each slice with a small puddle of the pureed mango, or drizzle the puree over the top of each slice.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Bowl Cafe Coconut Mango Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.5
- Calories from Fat 508
- Total Fat 56.4 g
- Saturated Fat 36.3 g
- Cholesterol 192.6 mg
- Sodium 384.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 9.0 g